Kiwicon 2k7 - Call For Presenters
After travelling the world to attend many excellent security conferences with our compatriots, we decided it was time to pull finger and organise one in Aotearoa, New Zealand.
This is the call for presenters for the inaugural Kiwicon.
Kiwicon '07 will be a largely informal conference, organised by the security community for the security community. It will be held in Wellington, New Zealand, on the weekend of the 17th and 18th of November, 2007.
It will focus on sharing information; ideas, code, and catching up with other like-minded people from around New Zealand (and further abroad).
Our hosts for the weekend will be Victoria University of Wellington.
This location has the advantage of being close to cheap accommodation and, more importantly, several good pubs. Details will be provided closer to the conference date.
Kiwicon '07 is a non-profit event.
Attendance for the entire weekend will cost $50 for employed individuals (self-employed and salaried). There is a discounted rate of $30 for students and the unemployed.
Please do note that there are several good pubs in close proximity. We anticipate the total cost of the weekend in money and dignity may be higher.
Suggested topics include but are not limited to:
- - Information Warfare / Industrial Espionage
- - Satellite Hacking
- - Echelon - Waihopai & Tangimoana
- - Lockpicking / Wiretapping / Bugs
- - Biometrics
- - Cellular Networks (GSM,GPRS,CDMA,3G,4G)
- - Phreaking / VoIP
- - Web Security
- - Wireless / Bluetooth / Infrared / Fibre
- - Exploitation Techniques
- - Access Control and Authentication
- - Reverse Engineering
- - Application Security, Testing, Fuzzing
- - Code Auditing
- - Virtualization
- - Malware (Viruses, Spam, Phishing, Botnets)
- - Banking / ATMs / Carding
- - Crypto
- - Forensics / Antiforensics
- - 0dayz!!!
We do not plan on having pre-determined time slots for presentations. If your talk is only 20 minutes long, then you will only be talking for 20 minutes. The goal of the weekend is to share useful information - this means flexible time limits.
We already have a number of excellent speakers confirmed, to get a slot for a talk send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Country of Residence:
- Employer (if applicable):
- Brief Bio:
- Presentation Title:
- Presentation Length:
- Presentation Synopsis:
Submissions close on October 1st
Please note that Kiwicon does not have budget available to pay for speaker travel expenses
Kiwicon is being duct taped together by the following people:
- pipes - Doing it all wrong since 1973
- bogan - Proprietor of fine minced emails since 1822
- shammah - I know i left a rootkit around here somewhere
- hntr - Will you post my bail?
- metlstorm - True Norwegian back bacon
- Joshua - Defcon 3: I lost my password